Thursday, January 5, 2017

Newly discovered works ...

Blessed Alberto Marvelli
2009
T. Nelson
Colored pencil on paper.

Our Lady of the Burning Bush
2016
T. Nelson
2.5"x7.5" acrylic on wood.

OL of the Burning Bush, Sinai (detail)


The Holy Virgin panel was prepared and gilded over 20 years ago.  I misplaced it and was happy to discover the ground I used seeped through the real gold leaf I used to create the patina you see.  The image had already been inscribed in the traditional manner and so all I did was paint the Madonna in the Sinai style.

4 comments:

Nan said...

A lot of miraculous icons are like that, lost and rediscovered.

Terry Nelson said...

What if ...

bill bannon said...

I like the Madonna.

AOHTasmania said...

Hi Terry
Just wondering if we are able to use a photo of Matt Talbot in our free newspaper the Catholic Standard. We go to print in a few days and it would be great to hear from you. Kind Regards, Cherie