Friday, March 5, 2021

St. Nunzio Sulprizio - a new image.

St. Nunzio Sulprizio
Terry Nelson
2021

 

St. Nunzio, pray for us.

I was attracted to Nunzio Sulprizio many years ago, since he led a difficult life and suffered abuse in his childhood and teen years. I first heard Fr. John Horgan speak of him on Mother Angelica sometime in the 1990's.  His story and example of patience in suffering is remarkable. Go here for an overview of his life.

In this study, I based his looks upon the canonization image and early prints of the saint as to how he looked in life.  This image is so farunvarnished, since I just finished it - the exposure is a bit light saturated.   

He's been my companion all winter, spending a couple hours a day working on the painting.  We have a few things in common, I think.

 


No comments: